Profiles of the artists and curators who sculpt and influence the art and design in galleries, architecture, interiors and furnishings around the world.
Volume 1. Glass, ceramics and crystal
1. Robert Aronson, Aronson Gallery [Amsterdam] Delft Stoneware. This gallery displays some of the earliest and rarest objects produced by the Delft factories in the 17th and 18th century.
2. Hedwig Rotter, Mano Design [Vienna] Design projects have included the development of logos; color and trend scouting activities for Hirsch European Watches; the design of a set of hot chocolate mugs for Zotter; and the development of an accessories line for Palmers.
3. Andreas Rath, Lobmeyr Glassworks [Vienna] Lobmeyr is working steadily on a contemporary interpretation of glass, always in the awareness of the tradition.
4. Adrian Sassoon, Sassoon Gallery [UK] Adrian Sassoon is the UK's leading dealer in contemporary ceramics, glass, silver and jewellery.
5. Claudia Uth, Augarten Porcelain [Vienna] Augarten porcelain is world-famous for its delicate and graceful shape, its clean lines and exquisite details.
6. Franco Deboni, Rita Fancsaly [Milan] 20thC Italian design. A special attention is given to glass works, a field where, with the effort of Mr. Deboni, we are able to present a stock of museum quality items, from the major firms and designers of the period.
7. Guillaume Gellusseau, Baccarat Crystal [Paris] A visit to the iconc Maison Headquarters, Museum & Restaurant in Paris.
8. Marie Retpen, Glass Design [Denmark]
Volume 2. Antiquities, Oriental and Asian Art
This two-DVD series includes the world's most beautiful and fascinating antiques from the ancient Greek, Etruscan, Roman, Egyptian, and Near-Eastern sculptures and vases and also the masterpieces of the African, Asian and Oriental Art. Go behind the scenes at some of the most famous antique collection houses from around the world. See amazing collectibles from porcelain, paintings, coins, art, silver and sculptures.
Disc 1, 64 mins
1. Rupert Wace RUPERT WACE ANTIQUITIES
2. Bernard De Grunne AFRICAN ART
3. Robert Bowman BOWMAN GALLERY
4. Fabrizzio Moretti MORETTI GALLERY
5. Philip Rylands PEGGY GUGGENHEIM
6. Mark Schafer A LA VIEILLE RUSSIE JEWELLERS
7. Jerome Eisenberg ROYAL ATHENA GALLERY
Disc 2, 66 mins
1. Floris Van der Ven GALLERY VAN DER VEN
2. Mieke Zilverberg GALLERY MIEKE ZILVERBERG
3. Gisele Croes GALLERY GISELE CROES
4. Tomaso Piva PIVA & C GALLERY
5. Jean-Luc Baroni JEAN-LUC BARONI GALLERY
6. Philippe Perrin PERRIN GALLERY
7. Dirk Endlich GALLERY ENDLICH DUTCH SILVER
8. Georg Laue LAUE GALLERY
9. Cesare Lampronti CESARE LAMPRONTI GALLERY
Volume 3. Interior Design, Objects and Furniture
Disc 1, 62mins:
Marloes Ten Bhomer, product designer [London-Amsterdam] is considered one of the most promising designers of her generation and has exhibited worldwide.
Andreas Eberharter, AND-I
Christian Salez, CEO-DELVAUX is the oldest fine leather, luxury goods company in the world.
Fritz Maierhofer, Fritz Maierhofer Jewellers [Vienna]
Dejana Kabiljo, [Vienna] Multidisciplinary artist and designer.
Marion Courtille, Courtille Design establishes identity through the reassignment of materials.
Jordy Fu, Designer [London] had her first solo exhibition at Beijing Capital Museum at age six.
Disc 2, 66 mins:
Hans Hollein, Architects [Vienna]
Michael Bihain, Bihain Design [Brussels]. Currently working with companies and distribution firms on developing furniture, jewels and accessories.
Ferdinand Brau, Bosendorfer Pianos [Vienna] Bösendorfer is a cherished symbol of Vienna's musical tradition, each Bösendorfer grand piano is the work of an entire year
Claus Lorenz, Friedrich Otto Schmidt Furniture [Vienna] specialises in planning and producing interior furnishing as well as in the competent restoration and reproduction of old furniture.
Maximo Riera, Maximo Riera Art [Madrid]
Fidel Peugeot & Karl Pircher, Walking Chair [Vienna]
Volume 4. Contemporary and Fine Art - Galleries
Disc 1, 41 mins
1. Wolfgang Bauer BELLE ETAGE GALLERY
2. Anne Moreau BOUTIQUE TALENTS - ATELIERS D'ART DE FRANCE
3. Artur Ramon ARTUR RAMON ART
4. Michael Goedhuis GOEDHUIS GALLERY
5. Gilbert Lloyd MARLBOROUGH FINE ARTS
Disc 2, 43 mins
1. Richard Feigen RICHARD L. FEIGEN & CO.
2. Gerfried Stocker ARS ELECTRONICA
3. Robert Landau LANDAU FINE ARTS
Each DVD can be purchased individually:
MASTERS OF Art, Decoration and Design 2011 - Glass, ceramics and crystal
MASTERS OF Art, Decoration and Design 2011 - Antiquities, Oriental and Asian Art
MASTERS OF Art, Decoration and Design 2011 - Interior Design, Objects and Furniture
MASTERS OF Art, Decoration and Design 2011- Contemporary and Fine Art - Galleries