This video is loaded with tips on model photography and was shot on two stunning locations, the glasshouse in Edinburgh and Studley castle in the UK. Join the group of students in the workshop and see the video in full 1080HD filmed from different angles so you can really see what’s going on.
Topics covered include:
1. Metering for ambient and flash (Including the tricky spot metering),
2. Finding the right location,
3. Working with angles, composition, finding lines and repeating patterns,
4. Story telling,
5. Styling, coaching the model,
6. How clothing can have a huge impact,
7. Vintage lenses on modern DSLRs,
8. Using the background, dragging the shutter (using the shutter speed to control the ambient) and much more….
In the video you see Frank Doorhof working with just one strobe and ambient light, you will see that in most cases you really don’t need more. Also on the modifiers he kept it really simple this time no big soft boxes (of course) but nice smaller modifiers that really give the image some POP.
This video will give students enough tips and inspiration to get everybody going for a long time.