The Talmud is, in many ways, the most important achievement of Jewish culture. Yet this veritable heritage of Humanity remains to this day an object of curiosity, shrouded in mystery, and very little-known. The Talmud's creation is an ongoing task, always advancing, and always "under construction". It is an open book in perpetual motion. As oral tradition extends through generations, commentaries are added to commentaries. An edifice of knowledge, the Talmud also contains an impressive analytical methodology. Made up of frame-, dialectic, sophistic and other maieutic dialogues, it is a tool for reflection of the highest order.
Bonus: 150’ The talmudic life, the study, the teaching, and the translation.
The object of the Talmud, its history, its restoration-conservation.
• The talmudic bibliophilism,the rare editions, The Talmud of Henry VIII of England (24 mn)
• Itw David Kramer: restorer and conservative of Talmuds (24 mn)
• Itw Steinsaltz Rabbi: Talmud as the spirit of the Jewish people
• Yeshiva of Rabbi Ponievitch (archives - 7 mn) ·
• Itw de Judy Tenzer: talmudic school for women (7mn) ·
• Def Yumi : a page of Talmud per day (9 mn). ·
• Itw Rabbi Kalatski : Talmud’s class in Manhattan (16 mn) ·
• Itw Rabbi Jacobson : mystical approach of Talmud (16 mn) ·
• Itw Rabbi Levine, librarian (26 mn) ·
• Rabbi Sherman, publisher and translator of Talmud (14 mn)